Monday, January 5, 2009

Stand back...

My Christmas present to my dad this year:

I'm just dying for dad to wear this the the next round of Clean Environment Commission hearings... (I have no idea if there's another round of CEC hearings)

For the record - #35 on Discover Magazine's top 100 Science stories of 2008. He's not personally listed, but he co-authored the paper. Them sciency-type-people, they know the score...

Personally, I think it's the nerd equivalent of People's "Sexiest Man Alive". I mean, like People, it's not like it's a *real* recognition from your peers (which he's received as well), but it's got WAY more mainstream coverage!

Oh, and it was made and hand-delivered by my secret crush: Randall Munroe at xkcd.com. (It is possible that part of that might have been me mixing up my waking & sleeping memories)

He's holding two beer because it was Christmas at the farm and everybody was doing it. Or he was just tidying up. There was a lot of both (having 12 people in an albeit large house for three days requires a lot of both), so I can't recall.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of mixing waking and sleeping moments, I had a dream that you had 5 kids. #4 looked like another Stewie, and #5 was another Pepper. It was a funny dream.
    No chance that's happening in waking life, is there? Didn't think so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh yeah. I forgot to mention...

    ReplyDelete